Reliance Hospital welcomes visitors. This policy is designed to balance the patient's need for visitors with due procedures and guidelines. We wish to ensure that the visit takes place smoothly; the visitor feels safe and comfortable; and the visitor leaves with a good impression about the hospital with an overall feel of the professionalism and perfectionism with which the hospital is run.
Pass types, validity and responsibilities
At the time of admission, the following passes will be issued to inpatients/relatives by the Admission Department and information regarding the same will be explained. In coordination with Discharge Billing, Reliance Hospital will ensure that the passes are collected at the time of discharge. However, during the patient's stay, if any loss or misplacement of the pass occurs, before reissuing a pass or completing the discharge procedure, Rs 1,000 will be charged to the patient's account:
- 24-hour Attendant Pass: Valid for five days only
pass colour: red
- Two Visitors' Passes: Valid during visiting hours
- One Surgery Pass: Applicable to patients with planned surgery â Valid during surgery only - Floor / waiting area specific
General guidelines for patient visitors
- People with fever, cold sores, cough, nasal drainage, colds, diarrhoea, or any contagious disease should not visit patients
- Visitors should maintain a quiet environment and avoid unnecessary noise to optimise patient rest. Keep visits short and quiet
- Owing to confidentiality, visitors may be asked to leave the room during tests or treatments or when doctor/nurses consult with the patient
- For safety reasons, visitation may be limited when the patient is in isolation
- No outside food or drink items may be carried into the hospital.
- Do not bring battery-operated toys, cameras and children (below 12 years of age) to the hospital
- In case of fire, follow the signage and use the fire staircase
- All visitors will be screened with a metal detector prior to their entrance. Any visitor who has a medical condition, i.e. metal pin in leg, dental bridges, wheel chair confinements, etc, must provide verification to the security at the time of visit.
- Visitors are required to screen all purses, handbags or other items on their person in the x-ray machine prior to their visit.
- Children cannot be left unattended in the entrance lobby or parking lot. Any child leaving the visiting area for any reason must be accompanied by an adult.
- Pet animals are not permitted.
Denial or termination of a visit
Violation of the following rules may result in the termination or denial of the visit or suspension of visitation privileges:
- Visitors, who appear under the influence of alcohol or drugs (except medically prescribed drugs), display disorderly or inappropriate behaviour, or refuse to follow staff directives may be denied visitation.
- Visitors who refuse or fail to produce sufficient identification or falsify information.
- Narcotic or illegal drugs, alcohol and weapons are not permitted in Reliance Hospital. Persons found to be attempting to bring any of these items into the hospital are subject to legal prosecution.
- Visitors who refuse to submit to search procedures will not be allowed entry.
- Any other conduct or conditions deemed by the security supervisor to be disruptive to visiting operations or the security of Reliance Hospital will be cause for denial of the visit.