Dr. Kaustav Talapatra has 22 publications in International and National Journals.
He has more than 200 presentations in International and National symposiums.
- National Coordinator for ASTRO , India ( American society for therapeutic and radiation Oncology )
- Editor of Association of Radiation Oncologists of India , Maharashtra
- Member of Core syllabus committee for radiation oncology
- Member of core health committee CII
- Faculty at Indian College of Radiation Oncology
- Ranked as the Top Radiation Oncologist Mumbai in the year 2016 by India Today magazine
- Ranked as the Top Radiation Oncologist of Mumbai by India Today Magazine in the year 2012 , 2013
List of Publications
- Munshi A. Talapatra K. Dutta D. Breast cancer radiotherapy and cardiac risk: The 15-year paradox!. J Can Res Ther 2007;3:190-2
- Mallik S, Talapatra K, Goswami J. AIDS: A radiation oncologist's perspective. J Can Res Ther [serial online] 2010 [cited 2016 Jun 28]; 6:432-41.
- Mallik S. Talapatra K. Sharma D et al. Dosimetric Analysis and Comparison of Interstitial HDR Brachytherapy, IMRT, 3DCRT and Electron Beam Therapy as Boost Modalities After Whole Breast Radiation in Breast Conservation Therapy Brachytherapy 10:S47; May 2011
- Sharma D. Chadha P. Talapatra K. et al.Critical neurological structure sparing radiosurgery of vestibular schwannoma: Dosimetric comparison of different techniques and dose prescription methods. Journal of cancer research and therapeutics 10(1):29-37 • April 2014
- Sharma D. Mhatre V. Heigrujam M Talapatra K Mallik S et al.Portal dosimetry for pre-treatment verification of IMRT plan: A comparison with 2D ion chamber array. Journal of Applied Clinical Medical Physics 11(4):3268 August 2010.
- Superior vena cava syndrome: A radiation oncologist's perspective. Kaustav Talapatra, Soumadip Panda, Sandeep Goyle, Kallol Bhadra, Rajesh Mistry. Journal of cancer research and therapeutics.
- Recurrent episodes of hematuria: A rare presentation of leiomyosarcoma of prostate
Kaustav Talapatra, Bhushan Nemade, Ritu Bhutani, Shubhada Kane, Ashish Bakshi, Mary Ann Muckaden, Siddhartha Laskar Journal of Cancer Research and Therapeutics, Year 2006, Volume 2, Issue 4 [p. 212-214]
- Embryonal rhabdomyosarcoma of the biliary tree mimicking a choledochal cyst Bhushan Nemade, Kaustav Talapatra, Tanuja Shet, Shripad Banavali, Mary Ann Muckaden, Siddhartha Laskar .Journal of Cancer Research and Therapeutics, Year 2007, Volume 3, Issue 1 [p. 40-42]
- Transient asymptomatic bradycardia in patients on infusional 5-fluorouracil. K Talapatra, I Rajesh, B Rajesh, B Selvamani, J Subhashini. Journal of Cancer Research and Therapeutics, Year 2007, Volume 3, Issue 3 [p. 169-171]
- Chest wall metastasis from hepatocellular carcinoma in the absence of a primary: An unusual presentation. Kaustav Talapatra, Reena Engineer, Jai Prakash Agarwal, Shilpa Vyas, Shyam Kishore Shrivastava. Journal of Cancer Research and Therapeutics, Year 2008, Volume 4, Issue 1 [p. 42-43]
- Comparison of magnetic resonance imaging-fluorodeoxyglucose positron emission tomography fusion with pathological staging in rectal cancer (Br J Surg 2010; 97: 266-268). Talapatra K, Mallick S
- Spinal epidermoid cyst with sudden onset of paraplegia. Anusheel Munshi, Kaustav Talapatra, Mukta Ramadwar, Rakesh Jalali. Journal of Cancer Research and Therapeutics, Year 2009, Volume 5, Issue 4 [p. 290-292]
- Late gastrointestinal disorders after rectal cancer surgery with and without preoperative radiation therapy (Br J Surg 2008; 95: 206-213). Talapatra K, Goswami J, Engineer R, Shrivastava S
- Palliative radiotherapy in head and neck cancers: Evidence based review
Kaustav Talapatra, Tejpal Gupta, Jai Prakash Agarwal, Sarbani Ghosh Laskar, Shyam Kishore Shrivastava, Ketayun Ardeshir Dinshaw .Indian Journal of Palliative Care, Year 2006, Volume 12, Issue 2 [p. 44-50]
- Extramedullary haematopoiesis causing spinal cord compression: A rare presentation with excellent. Kaustav Talapatra, Bhushan Nemade, Manish Siddha, Mary Ann Muckaden, Siddhartha Laskar Annals of Indian Academy of Neurology, Year 2007, Volume 10, Issue 2 [p. 115-117]
Abstracts accepted 2016 ASTRO meeting :
- Comparison of invasive & non-invasive frame for set-up error accuracy in intracranial radiotherapy - An Indian Institute Experience. K Talapatra., G. Doss., D. Sharma., A. churi., A. Patil., Shaju P., P Chadha., A Kumar. Kokilaben Dhirubhai Ambani Hospital, Mumbai, India
- Nimouzumab and Inensiy modulated radiotherapy (IMRT) in the concurrent setting of locally advanced head and neck cancers: Early results of a prospective trial in India. K Talapatra, M. Deshpande, S. Goyle, D. Majumder, S. Badhwar, and R. Mistry; Kokilaben Dhirubhai Ambani Hospital, Mumbai, India.
Papers Presented at conferences :
Topic 1 : Inter & Intrafractional Variation of Respiration Induced Motion
Topic 2 : PTV Margin Derivation for Stereotactic Treatment of Brain Lesions
Author : Mallik Suman, Sushant Pawar, Vivek Sutar, Rupali Bhor, Rupesh Davrung,
Sanket Patil, Dayananda Sharma, Vaibhav Mhatre, Singh Malhotra,
Sushma P Venkata, Talapatra Kaustav.
ARTICON – 2012
Topic : Evaluation of Invasive Frame Based SRS Using Cone Beam CT
Author : Sanket Patil, Rupali Bhor, Sushant Pawar, Sachin Jadhav, Ajay Churi, Shweta Chavan, Dayananda Sharma, Vaibhav Mhatre, Sayan Kundu, Pranav Chaddha, Kaustav Talapatra.
ARTICON – 2013/
Topic : Two-dimensional Verses Three-dimensional Image Guidance in Prostate cancer
Author : Sachin Jadhav, Sayan Kundu, Kautav Talapatra, Sankt Patil, Sushant Pawar, Ajay Churi, Shweta Chavan, Thara Nair, Vaibhav Mhatre, Dayananda Sharma, Pranav Chaddha, Suman Mallik.
ARTICON – 2014
Topic : Comparison of Invasive & Non invasive Frame for Set-up Error Accuracy in Intracranial Radiosurgery or Radiotherapy
Author : Ajay Churi, Sayan Kundu, Kaustav Talapatra , Dayananda Sharma, Sushant Pawar, Sanket Patil, Sachin Jadhav, Shewta Chavan, Sushma Patil, Mariam Parkar , Vaibhav Mhatre , Shaju P ,Anam A, Pranav Chaddha, Anupam Datta , Sajal Goyal.
Languages spoken: Hindi, English, Marathi